Have you seen a child when they first start writing?? The imperfection in holding a pencil, shaky imperfect lines, and a face of disbelief are common expressions on their face. The same is true when you are about to begin something. You are nervous and uncertain about the journey and its repercussions.
Yoga for beginners has always been havoc because of a lack of guidance. With the help of the right mentors, you will be able to face the most difficult asanas that you have ever had a nightmare of.
This write-up is all about a complete guide about yoga dedicatedly for the newbies. So, fasten your seat belt, and let’s start the discussion:
All about Yoga
Yoga has mentioned its presence in ancient books from around 3000 to 5000 BC. The purpose of Yoga is to give you a purposeful life, self-discipline, direct attention to health, and acknowledgement of the spiritual aspect of our nature.
Yoga has eight limbs that describe its functionality and in what areas it has its proficiency.
Eight Limbs of Yoga:
- Yama (Ethical Standards and Integrity)
- Niyama (Self-discipline)
- Asia (Physical Postures)
- Pranayama (Breathing Medication)
- Pratyahara (Sensory Transcendence)
- Dharana (Concentration)
- Dhyana (Meditation)
- Samadi (State of Ecstasy)
These are eight limbs of Yoga that describe its efficiency. Very few yoga classes online focus on these limbs. So, while you are enrolling into one, do check the factor if they follow eight limbs or not.
Now let’s focus on the benefits of Yoga:
- Yoga helps to intensify the relaxation quotient and helps you cure your pain. These can be joint pain, back pain, migraine, cramps, etc.
- It enhances the flexibility of the muscles and tenders in the area affected.
- The bad news: Lifestyle choices like stress and inactivity can lead to chronic inflammation, increasing your risk for disease. The good news is that Yoga can be a potent remedy.
- Researchers at Ohio State University discovered that frequent yoga practitioners had much lower blood levels of the immune cell known as IL-6 than those new to the practice.
- Additionally, the more experienced practitioners displayed smaller IL-6 response spikes when the two groups were subjected to stressful circumstances. Even more encouragingly, the study found that frequent yoga practice has long-term advantages.
- Yoga’s possible impact on the lingering depressive cloud has received much attention. UCLA researchers looked at the effects of Yoga on persons who were clinically depressed and only received partial remission from antidepressants.
- After eight weeks of three-times-per-week Iyengar Yoga sessions, the patients reported fewer anxiety and depressive symptoms.
- Additionally, research from the University of Wisconsin has demonstrated that meditation boosts activity in the left prefrontal cortex, a brain region linked to emotional resilience, equanimity, and positive moods.
- Yoga cleanses your blood and regulates its flow. Regular practice of Yoga will help you to enhance your immunity.
- Morning yoga for beginners is much for effective in this case than practising it in the evening or afternoon. It prepares your body to fight all kinds of diseases.
- You can learn to focus your attention more precisely by synchronizing your breathing with movement, concentrating on the intricacies of the breath, or letting go of distracting thoughts through the yoga practices of asana (physical postures), pranayama (breathing), and meditation.
- These types of yogic techniques have been shown in studies to improve brain function. Case-in-point:
- Researchers from the University of Illinois discovered that after 20 minutes of Hatha Yoga, study participants performed a series of mental problems more quickly and accurately than they did after a brisk walk or jog.
These are some of the benefits of practising Yoga. There are certain sorts of diseases that Yoga helps in coping with. Some of them are mentioned here.
Yoga helps in coping with:
- Women issues like PCOD, PCOS, Menstrual regulating
- Post and Prepartum
Though the list doesn’t end here, these are some essential mentions that can be easily cured by Yoga. Sometimes it is difficult to explain or analyze what to start from. But hey! This write-up all the possible answers that you might mind sprout.
Yoga Pose for Beginners:
- Surya Namaskar
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Hatha Yoga
- Iyengar Yoga
- Jivamukti Yoga
These are proposed yoga classes for beginners. Human nature is; that you solve one query, and the other starts budding. The following query that might haunt you will be how to choose the right mentor or institution when there are so many yoga classes online.
Here are some facts that you should check before getting enrolled in any online yoga classes for beginners in India:
The mentors or the trainers should be well-qualified and certified
- Flexible timing
- Live class
- Additional perks
You should check these parameters in an online class before enrolling.
Here is some sneak peek additional tips that will help you to figure out how you can steal time for Yoga from your busy schedule:
If you are an early riser, then 15-20 min in the morning can give you refreshment all-day
- When you are alone and have no one to disturb around
- If you are in the office, you can practice desk poses
- Post preparing food but before eating it.