Is there initial weight gain once you start doing yoga for weight loss?
When we join yoga classes online and buy yoga pants and mats, we start dreaming of perfect body shape and fitting into our dream dress. This leads us to check our weight with a flick every hour. But that then leads to depression and demotivation when gradually you notice weight gain instead of weight loss when you start yoga for weight loss. Not much concentration people draw towards the reason but just havoc about it.
Before judging any workout type, it is essential to know how it works. Before we get into details, let us understand why we often face weight gain just after starting the workout routine.
Here are three fundamental reasons for weight gain instantly post starting a workout regime:
- Because of your prior routine, your muscles are dedicated to a specific pattern. When you start working out, they experience something they have never had before.
- This is why the muscle tissues crack down to protect the targeted muscles. This causes soreness in the muscles.
- Sore muscles add up to the weight, and you notice an increment.
- Another way our body responds to a workout regime and protects the tissues is fluid retention. This fluid retention is a little inflamed.
- Fluid retention is also a reason for proliferation in weight up to 2kgs.
Increase in Muscle Size:
- Regular exercise can increase the size of your muscle initially due to the addition of muscle water in addition to muscle cells.
- This can add to the amount of fat and can result in a weight increase.
These are the three reasons for visible weight gain when you start working out.
Now concentrate on the question about yoga. Does yoga for weight loss and flat tummy increase weight during initial weight loss?
The answer to this question is NO!
Yoga is a slow and steady process with a warm-up exercise called ‘Suryanamskara.’ So, does that means that Is yoga time-consuming? No, it nowhere says that. Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit root Yuj, which means “to yoke” or “to connect.” The practice seeks to unite the body, mind, and spirit, the individual self, and global awareness. This type of unity neutralizes ego-driven ideas and behaviours, resulting in a sense of spiritual awakening.
Yoga has been practised for thousands of years, and while many diverse interpretations and techniques have evolved, the ultimate purpose of yoga is to attain release from suffering. Although each yoga school or tradition has its emphasis and practices, most focus on bringing together body, mind, and breath to modify energy or shift consciousness.
It has eight practices that make your body flexible, healthier, and gradually lose weight. These eight practices are:
- Practising five universal, ethical, and moral observances.
- It means to follow five spiritual disciplines
- Correct posture of carrying your body while sitting and meditating, walking, standing, and sleeping.
- Withdrawal of senses
- Conducting meditation
- Your Blissful union with the Divine
This is the simple strategy on which yoga works. The primary motive of yoga is to heal, not chaotically stress your body for a definite shape. This is why, unlike another rigorous workouts, yoga has minor side effects of counting. Only certain situations can lead to malfunction.
How do avoid the side effects of yoga for weight loss?
- Yoga is all about giving yourself and your body some time to relax. Any rush can lead you to perform the asana in the wrong way.
- This could end up in muscle strain or another injury. So, take one step at a time.
Don’t expect flexibility in a day:
- Flexibility is a long-term process, and you will master the art gradually.
- You need to practice for some time to achieve what you are looking for. Hence be very careful while you perform any complex yoga for flexibility pose.
Complete attention to instructor:
- You need to have a dedicated concentration on your instructor. If you are not performing the asana the way it should, you might not get the expected result.
- You must observe everything from physical movement to understanding the breath mechanism with each pose transition.
Choose your coach wisely:
- Due to the popularity of yoga, certain unauthorized institutes and gurus are on the market. Before choosing one of them, check their experience and relevant certificate.
- When it is about your health, extra cautiousness is essential.
These are specific ways to avoid yoga malfunctions and side effects. This form of workout will not only help you to get a healthy body, but it will also help you to have a good soul and healthy mind. Yoga has established its image as the best physical fitness routine and is a solution for several diseases. It has created a spot for itself worldwide. Yoga is the best remedy for all your mental health issues.
If yoga is your routine, you are the wealthiest person in terms of health.